Friday, November 30, 2012

Blood work results

We had a good and quiet week at home aside from the kids getting over some colds. Tuesday I took Matthew and Maximilian to the lab to have some blood work done. Matthew had to have a CBC test and his thyroid levels checked and Maximilian was tested for Celiac (I don't think he has it but it's standard to check all other family members- we'll hear results next week). They were such tough guys! Our pediatrician called yesterday and said that Matthew's levels all looked good. What a relief! They did the CBC to check for leukemia, which is much more common in children with Down syndrome vs. typical children. Good news is that kids with Ds respond very well to treatment. So, I was happy to check that worry off of our list and we will repeat Matthew's blood work again when he turns 1 year. Here are some recent pictures of the little man!

Playing his piano. This play mat turns into a sit up piano, so much fun
Rolled under the swing!
Always eating his feet
He really wants to crawl and is always pushing his legs up to try
Michael has been working late most nights lately and sometimes misses seeing Matthew before bedtime. When I do keep him up, he always greets his daddy with a big kiss
So sleepy but so happy to see Daddy
Today's discovery, mail!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks like Matthew is doing amazing. He's a Cutie - thanks for sharing him with the world.

    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alyson for all of your kind comments (I'm sorry for the late response!). Your blog is wonderful, I know I'll be checking it out often!

    ReplyDelete